Let Your Kindness Shine:
Love Your Neighbor Social Media Challenge
We had so much fun last year, we just had to bring it back – the Hughes Charitable Foundation is thrilled to host the second Love Your Neighbor Challenge this April on Facebook and Instagram, and this year, we are teaming up with the Wyoming Nonprofit Network (WNN) and the Wyoming Community Foundation (WYCF)!
From April 7–17, take part in an act of kindness for your neighbor, and follow the steps below to share your entry via social media. Challenge contestants are in the running to receive a $1,000 charitable donation to the nonprofit of their choice from this list.
All you need to do is complete an act of kindness and share it with us. Be sure to follow WNN, WYCF, and HCF on Instagram or Facebook, as well as the nonprofit that you’d like to give the prize to if you win, and use the special challenge hashtag #HughesLYNC. When we sit down to select a winner, we’ll be looking for people who made a genuine sacrifice of time or treasure, got outside of their comfort zone to show kindness, and made an effort to forge a new relationship with a person or organization.
How will you give the gift of kindness to your neighbor? Cook a nutritious meal for a household in need, clean up the litter from a too popular campsite or section of road, or offer to go to the store for an elderly friend or busy, single mother. There are so many ways to support and show your love for your neighbor! We can’t wait to see how you make a difference in your community, and to make a charitable donation to an amazing nonprofit.
Let your kindness shine, and Love Your Neighbor!
The #HughesLYNC challenge is all about encouraging Wyomingites to commit acts of kindness to others, and nominating a deserving nonprofit for charitable funding. Anyone can participate – here’s how!
- Perform an act of kindness for someone in your community. It can be large or small — it must be a genuine sacrifice of time or treasure outside of your comfort zone.
- Follow the Hughes Charitable Foundation, the Wyoming Community Foundation, and Wyoming Nonprofit Network on Facebook or Instagram.
- Take a photo or video of your effort, and share it on social media. This is how you log your “challenge entry.”
- Tag @hughescharitablefoundation on your post, as well as the nonprofit you wish to nominate for the prize, add the hashtag #HughesLYNC.
- At the end of the challenge (after April 17, 2023), the Board of the Hughes Charitable Foundation will select a winner. Their decision will be based on individuals or small groups who:
Genuinely sacrifice time or treasure for their effort
Reach outside of their comfort zone
Form a new relationship or contribute to their community in a new way
- Each individual or small group can complete up to three acts of kindness for the challenge between April 7–17, 2023 (starting Good Friday and ending the day after Orthodox Easter), and can make up to three submissions to the #HughesLYNC.
- The submission must be made via social media before 11:59 pm (Mountain Time) on April 17, 2023.
- Nonprofits eligible to receive the prize gift must be one of the following: 1) Former HCF Grantee, or 2) Former WYOGives Recipient. Official list here. Please tag/mention them in your entry so we know your nomination.
- Challenge entries must be made on Facebook, Instagram, or both. If your account is private, please make it public for this challenge so we can see your entry. If you do not wish to make your account public, private account entries can also be screenshot and shared with the Hughes Charitable Foundation via direct message.
- @hughescharitablefoundation and #HughesLYNC must be tagged so that we see your post
Follow HCF, WNN, and WCF on Facebook or Instagram
Hughes Charitable Foundation | Facebook | Instagram
Wyoming Nonprofit Network | Facebook | Instagram
Wyoming Community Foundation | Facebook | Instagram
Please contact Hunter Christensen with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nonprofits can download a Press Release Template and #HughesLYNC social media graphics here.